If you’re anything like us, you have a hard time trying to motivate yourself to go to the gym. We’ve all been there: you’re sitting on your couch in your pajamas, watching TV, and suddenly you realize that it’s been hours since you’ve moved your body. And you’re asking yourself ‘How can I get the motivation to work out?’. All the gym marketing and advertising isn’t working on you!
Then the fear starts setting in. You start thinking about all the things that could happen if you don’t go to the gym. You might get fat! Or gain weight! Or be too out of shape to play sports! And then what will happen?
So we did some research and found out how to motivate yourself to exercise. Here are 10 new ways to motivate yourself to hit the gym—so that when it comes right down to it, all those fears will be banished from your mind forever.
1. Picture yourself as one of those people who looks amazing after they work out (and admit it: they always look amazing). See how with just a few simple changes, you can become one of those people too!
2. Listen to an audio book or podcast while you’re working out—it’ll make time fly by even faster than usual!
3. Get a friend to go with you—it’ll make exercise more fun and help motivate each other!
5. Make a list of all of the reasons why you want to work out (or why you want to feel good in general
6. Wear your workout clothes to bed. That’s one less thing to do when you wake up and you’ll be guilty for changing out of them if you skip your workout.
7. Get excited about how much better you’ll feel after your workout. The adrenaline-pumping effects of exercise are a real high!
8. Get some great music going before your workout starts and use that time to dance around like nobody’s watching!
9. Take advantage of any free classes at your gym—you can use them as an excuse to get moving!
10. Remember that everyone else at the gym is probably having as much fun as they are working out—so go ahead and smile