People who are insufficiently active have a 20% to 30% increased risk of death compared to people who are sufficiently active (Source: who.int)
Exercise is an integral part of living a healthy lifestyle. Apart from maintaining an ideal weight, you must have various reasons to exercise on a daily basis. It is said that exercising on a regular basis releases endorphins in your body and these endorphins are also responsible for keeping you mentally happy. Thus, not only does exercise help in maintaining an ideal body weight but it also helps you in being energetic, positive and strong.
Exercise prevents health problems and helps in building strength, boosting energy and reducing stress. Experts recommend that an individual must exercise for 60 minutes in a day either by way of yoga, walking, going to the gym, aerobics or any other of physical exercises. Exercise is known to benefit every part of the body, including the mind. There are innumerable health benefits of exercising and hence, one must commit to it for a longer and better life.
A few studies have also found that people who do regular exercise perform better on all fronts of life. It is also said that high physical activity reduces the chances of being obese or overweight, thereby creating a positive and healthy lifestyle for people.
Here are some reasons that will encourage to you to add exercise to your daily routine and get you moving –
- Exercise lowers the risk of heart diseases and ensures that your cardiovascular health is in check
- Exercise reduces stress and anxiety levels
- Exercising on a daily basis improves your energy and endurance
- Exercise is known to improve your sleep cycles
- Exercise reduces the effects of aging and gives you strong
- Exercise enables you to maintain a normal weight and also assists in increasing your metabolism
- Exercise can contribute positively to mental well-being and is also helpful in treating depression
- Exercise keeps your joints, muscles and ligaments flexible, making them easier to move and giving them more elasticity
- Physical activity enhances learning and thinking skills
- Exercise acts as an aid in boosting your overall well-being
- Exercise lowers the risk of various diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancer etc.
It is also said that physical activity stimulates brain cells and releases chemicals that leave you feeling happier and give you a pleasant mood. Exercise further enables you to feel better about your appearance and feel more enthusiastic and joyful. Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and thereby helps in the efficient working of your cardiovascular system.
Moreover, exercise and physical activity are a fun way to keep your health intact and improve it to a large extent. Exercising with your friends and partners makes you socially active and helps you have a pleasant mood, Hiking, Trekking, taking a dance class, swimming, joining the soccer team are all forms of exercise that will help you in contributing to a good health. Moderate aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging, trekking, biking, mowing lawns etc. can help you meet your fitness goals and get more health benefits.
A study has also found that kids who exercise well function in a better fashion and have improved cognitive functions like reasoning, memory, attention span and increased knowledge.Additionally, physical activity and exercise gives people a sense of pleasure, accomplishment and pride of having achieved a purpose. It also imbibes discipline and passion at an early age. Thus, it is of prime importance to start exercising at an early age.
Hence, if you are tired after a stressful day, feel loss of energy or need an emotional lift, remember exercise will come to your rescue. A regular exercise routine will always go a long way in securing your health.